Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coming of Age

Object - Picture

     As a little kid, before my father moved to New York, my family and I would always go on vacation every few weeks. I enjoyed my life as a kid and didn't want to grow up. I can't say that I NEVER wanted to grow up because certain times in our lines we wish to be what we are not. Anyways, looking back at this picture, it reminds me of the good old days when my brother and I were like 2 peas in a pod. I loved him very much, more than I do now. It hurts to think about how often we would argue now that we have "grown up". I would always follow him around, play with him, watch all his favorite TV shows, and share each other's food. Now, it seems almost impossible. Without my brother, I don't know what I would of ended up like.

Object - my hair ^^

     In Thailand, and most Asian countries, kids were not allowed to dye their hair, except if possibly international schools. some countries didn't allow you to wear or cut your hair certain ways. In fact, its not even just kids, but pretty much anyone who's still in school, not counting college. Apparently Thailand was one of those countries. My hair was my natural color, and it was even bobbed. Now that I moved to America, a country with so many freedoms, I feel like i was raised a little differently than I was "supposed" to. To me, changing my hair is not a way of rebelling against my parents, but more of enjoying my new freedom. Do what I wasn't to do, considering I never know when I will be forced to dye it back. Not only that, but I feel that, as an Asian, it is necessary to dye my hair. JUST SAYING. It's who I am. I am willing to go through all of the pain of dumping chemicals on my head just because I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment